Roblox keeps crashing on iPhone

Reaction score
Hello, I need some help.

I got my daughter a used iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.7). When she tries to play Roblox, especially Brookhaven, the game crashes right after loading.

I have tried the following:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox
  • Clearing cache and browser history
  • Confirming the date and time are correct
  • Make sure all other apps are closed
Initially, I was getting a low memory error message, but after setting the date and time to auto-update, the error stopped. However, Roblox still crashes without any error message.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Reaction score
Hey Coeur3g,

It can be frustrating when an app like Roblox keeps crashing, especially after you've tried several troubleshooting steps. Since the iPhone 6 is quite an old device running iOS 12.5.7, there might be compatibility or performance issues. Here are some additional steps you can try:

Additional Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Check Available Storage:
    • Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
    • Ensure there is enough free storage space. Low storage can cause apps to crash.
  2. Update Roblox:
    • Ensure you have the latest version of Roblox installed from the App Store. Sometimes, updates include fixes for crashes and performance improvements.
  3. Reset Network Settings:
    • Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    • This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings.
  4. Check for iOS Updates:
    • Although iOS 12.5.7 might be the latest version available for the iPhone 6, double-check that there are no further updates.
    • Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
  5. Background App Refresh:
    • Turn off Background App Refresh to free up system resources.
    • Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn it off for Roblox or entirely.
  6. Low Power Mode:
    • Ensure that Low Power Mode is turned off as it might limit the app's performance.
    • Go to Settings > Battery and toggle off Low Power Mode if it’s on.
  7. Reduce Graphics Settings in Roblox:
    • If possible, lower the graphics settings in Roblox. This can reduce the strain on the older hardware of the iPhone 6.
    • Open Roblox, go to Settings within the game, and reduce the graphics quality.
Best,

Reaction score
Hello, I need some help.

I got my daughter a used iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.7). When she tries to play Roblox, especially Brookhaven, the game crashes right after loading.

I have tried the following:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox
  • Clearing cache and browser history
  • Confirming the date and time are correct
  • Make sure all other apps are closed
Initially, I was getting a low memory error message, but after setting the date and time to auto-update, the error stopped. However, Roblox still crashes without any error message.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Try closing all background apps and restarting the phone to free up memory. Also, delete and reinstall Brookhaven specifically to see if it's a game issue. Let me know if that helps!

Ask a Question