MacBook Pro M2 Pro auto updates even when I have turned everything off

Reaction score
..still the same..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 11.20.59.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 11.20.59.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Following up on the above I also read this article https://tidbits.com/2024/01/22/ventura-and-monterey-users-beware-unwanted-sonoma-upgrades/on MacRumors linked in this thread https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...on.2417410/page-4?post=32934518#post-32934518
The TitBITS article is more helpful in that it explains what seems to have happened and suggests some workarounds.

The important point about all this is that this issue appears to be unresolved at least for you and I'm sure you are not alone.

Reaction score
Obviously now that you are on macOS Sequoia you have no issues other than updates to Sequoia to worry about for a year. There are some suggestions in the TitBITS article on Preventing Sonoma from Upgrading that may be helpful to you in, "There may be a few ways to forestall the upgrade:" in that article but short of a "Clean" Instal to remove all traces of Sonoma I cannot think of an easy solution.

A clean instal would require you to completely erase your MBP, reinstall macOS Sequoia and restore all of your files from backup. This is doable, I've done it many times, but it is time consuming and requires some expertise.

Reaction score
I don't have any trouble with downgrading or doing a clean install. As I mentioned earlier I am an advanced system admin so I know a few things about Mac OS. Its just that I have like 500Gb of music software installed in my MBP an its quite annoying to move it to an external hard drive and time consuming

Thank you for keeping me updated on other posts about the similar problems.

Reaction score
Why don't you just clone your HD? A lot easier that manually moving all your data to an external HD.
Instal the free trial version of Carbon Copy Cloner, plug in a suitable EHD and click "clone". Data can be reinstalled by drag an drop or Migration Assistant.

Ask a Question