M2 Mac mini, very happy user.

Reaction score
As I mentioned in a previous post my 2015 iMac was beginning to show its age and I decided to get an M2 Mac mini as a replacement. My original plan was to go for a unit with 8gb of RAM and a 512gb SSD, I usually have most of my data etc on external drives, so I figured this would do the job. However after a bit of research and realising that upgrading at a later date is not an option, I went for a 16gb with 1tb SSD.
I am happy that I went for this configuration as the performance is very good, fast boot, and quick and all apps are far quicker at opening and operating.
The only thing that was causing a slight bottleneck was my external drive which is a spinner, so I replaced this with an NVMe drive which has speeded things again.

Reaction score
As I mentioned in a previous post my 2015 iMac was beginning to show its age and I decided to get an M2 Mac mini as a replacement. My original plan was to go for a unit with 8gb of RAM and a 512gb SSD, I usually have most of my data etc on external drives, so I figured this would do the job. However after a bit of research and realising that upgrading at a later date is not an option, I went for a 16gb with 1tb SSD.
I am happy that I went for this configuration as the performance is very good, fast boot, and quick and all apps are far quicker at opening and operating.
The only thing that was causing a slight bottleneck was my external drive which is a spinner, so I replaced this with an NVMe drive which has speeded things again.
Very wise! When I got my first Mac mini (intel 2018), I opted for the base configuration (8 gibibytes/512 gigabytes) and I was miserable. I came from a MacPro5,1 with 64 gibibytes and tons of terabytes. Anyway, a dear friend of mine also needed a new Mac and his needs were very modest, so I got me another mini, 16gb/1tb, and gifted the first mini to him. The new mini worked well for me until I replaced it with the Studio Max.

Reaction score
You made a great choice with the 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD! The performance boost must be unique, especially with those quick boot times and snappy app launches. Upgrading to an NVMe drive was a smart move too, those things are lightning fast! Enjoy your new setup!

Ask a Question