SOLVED IPhone Camera and Flashlight not working after iOS 17.4.1 update

Reaction score
Hey everyone, here's a funny thing that happened after updating to iOS 17.4.1 - my camera and flashlight decided to take an unexpected vacation. They were working just fine before the update, so it's hard to believe it's a hardware issue. And it seems I'm not the only having this issue. Any thoughts or fixes out there? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Quick update: I managed to solve the camera and flashlight problem on my iPhone after the iOS 17.4.1 update. Turns out, the solution was simpler than I thought. I did a force restart on my iPhone, and surprisingly, it resolved the problem! Everything's working smoothly now - both the camera and the flashlight are back to normal. Hope this helps anyone else facing the same issue!

Reaction score
i had the same problem under iOS 17.4.1 with my iPhone 14 Plus starting on May 9th, but instead of the black screen on the front or main camera, all photos taken had washes of bright red, green and blue across one side or one corner of the image, as if RGB layers had been partially peeled back. I could get the camera view to work normally by forcing a restart OR by changing the zoom ratio to 0.5 ultra wide and then pinching out to 1.0 or higher on the touch screen. However, the color artifacts continued on every photo taken with the front camera.

These problems all went away IMMEDIATELY but temporarily late on May 14 when I installed iOS 17.5. On the 16th, when my camera was working normally, I had a diagnostic run at an Apple Store Genius Bar. No hardware defect of any kind was detected. By later on May 16th, both of the camera problems (black screen and color artifacts in every photo taken with the front camera) had returned.

Ask a Question