Wondershare iTubeStudio (a Utube downloader) no longer works. are there alternatives...?

Reaction score
Hi,

I used to use Wondershare's "iTube Studio" app to download utube videos , because it could also download subtitles and it would transfer to a usb stick and watch on my tv. My hearing is now so bad i am almost legally deaf..

the program seems to have been 'turned off' and is no longer supported by the creators, and was a subscription items, but is no longer supported and no longer will download any videos. it was great and was a 'on click' item.

they offer a 'new program' that they say does the same, but it is a 2 step downloader, copying the url and the pasting into the program. and the subtitles now do not offer the ability to convert foreign languages to english. dam.

does any other Mac fans download utube videos..? I hat the modern "Intelligent" TV i bought, and the tv news is depressing, and the movies and Tv shows boring...

regards, Sandy

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 6.12.34 pm.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

I used to use Wondershare's "iTube Studio" app to download utube videos , because it could also download subtitles and it would transfer to a usb stick and watch on my tv. My hearing is now so bad i am almost legally deaf..

the program seems to have been 'turned off' and is no longer supported by the creators, and was a subscription items, but is no longer supported and no longer will download any videos. it was great and was a 'on click' item.

they offer a 'new program' that they say does the same, but it is a 2 step downloader, copying the url and the pasting into the program. and the subtitles now do not offer the ability to convert foreign languages to english. dam.

does any other Mac fans download utube videos..? I hat the modern "Intelligent" TV i bought, and the tv news is depressing, and the movies and Tv shows boring...

regards, Sandy

View attachment 5228
My “go to” app for YouTube downloads, or any video url, is MacX YouTube Downloader.app. It’s free but every time it finishes downloading a queue of video urls, you will be connected to their offer for MacX Video Converter Pro.app. You can always decline, of course, even though I eventually bought it only because I use the free app so much, as evidenced by the thousands of videos (not just from YouTube) that I have accumulated over the years. It’s free, nothing to lose…

Also works perfectly in macOS Sequoia.

Last edited: