User pictures keep changing in Sonoma 14.5

Reaction score
Both my husband and me are using the same desktop mac mini with Sonoma 14.5. We have separate screens and are both listed as administrators in the System Settings - Users & Groups. It is my Apple ID that is being used on both screens. Although we have used different photos without any issues before upgrading to Sonoma, both of our photos are the same now. I've tried the mac help suggestions for correcting this without success. The photos for both of us are either my husband's choice or mine and we both have check marks under our photos. Can anyone provide detailed instructions on how to correct this annoying situation?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Not sure how that worked previously,. If you have separate login accounts on the Mac, you will need to use a different Apple ID on each account to keep the photos separated. If you use the same Apple ID on both Mac accounts, and have iCloud Photo Library enabled, they will see/sync the same photos.

Is that how you have it setup?

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, Cory. Although my husband has his own Apple ID, we were just using mine to login in on our mac mini until we purchased a new one with the Sonoma operating system. I had all the data transferred to the new mac and the tech set things up so that we have a shared iCloud Photo library, instead of two separate photo libraries. My photo is in the shared library. My husband was using the tennis ball in the "Suggestions" for his photo. Since this is the case, it sounds like if we have a shared photo library and using my Apple ID, we both have my "smiling face" as our user photos.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 9.18.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 9.18.24 PM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 5

Ask a Question