Sparse Bundle encription issue

Reaction score
I created a number of sparsebundles consisting of photos. I then burned that on to a disc and deleted from my hard drive. I am pretty sure I was in the past able to copy the disc's back on to my hard drive and then un-encrypt them. Can't recall how to do this (since then I might have had my hard drive wiped clean and upgraded to latest operating system if that makes a difference).

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Possibly put the disc into your drive, then in Finder double-click the sparsebundle file you want to mount & open. You should then be prompted for the password.

Reaction score
I wish life would be that simple! The Cd in finder when I double click opens showing all the files as Unix Executable files e.g. one of the jpg is a001.jpg. $#!
In info for the file it has open with "not applicable" rather than disk inage mounter.app or something like that. I recall having to copy the cd to hard drive in the past, but when I did that and clicked on the folder it would ask for my password- no problem. Not so now.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
How long ago did you create these?

Sometimes, Disk Utility needs to convert them to the newer format. Maybe you could copy them all to your HD, convert them, then try opening them?

You may have to use a Mac running the older version of the OS to open them, then transfer them to your newer OS Mac.

Just thinking out loud,

C

Reaction score
I will see if I can try on my laptop- maybe I did not update the operating system on that mac.

Ask a Question