Siri Asking to Choose Between Messages and Gmail for Sending Texts?

Reaction score
After the latest update, whenever I ask Siri to send a text, it now prompts me to choose between Messages and Gmail. This is really frustrating, especially when I'm trying to use my phone hands-free. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a new setting that got turned on? I've combed through all my settings and checked similar issues on the forum but can't seem to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Try going to Siri & Suggestions in Settings, scroll down to Gmail under "Suggestions from Apple" click it and turn off "Suggest App" in the window that comes up.

Reaction score
I went into Siri & Suggestions in Settings and found Gmail under "Suggestions from Apple." I turned off "Suggest App" as you recommended. I'll test it out and see if it stops prompting me to choose between Messages and Gmail.

Hopefully, this resolves the issue. I appreciate the quick response and help @Rodananne

Reaction score
I was having this issue with just my Apple Watch and the wonderful service support folks at apple helped me in a chat and fixed it! Basically he had me force re-start my phone and Apple Watch; I have an iPhone SE and he had me do it a different way than I usually do it: quickly press volume up and release, quickly press volume down and release, then hold the side power button until the screen went blank and apple logo appeared. Then on the Apple Watch, simultaneously press and hold the crown and side button until the apple logo appeared. Upon re-starting, the problem was resolved and voice to text worked normally.

Reaction score
On my Apple IPhone I went to settings-siri&search-scrolled all the way down to mail then scrolled to the bottom and turned off suggest app. So far so good.

Ask a Question