Safari issues.

Reaction score
I can access Safari and it works well but it won't keep me logged in when I click the Remember me button. If I go to another website and come back to Safari, I have to login each time.

David.

Reaction score
Hi David,

What version of the macOS are you running, and what website?

Also check to make sure that you do not have private browsing on.

Reaction score
OS 14.7, Sonoma
Safari v18.0
Private browsing is off.

When I am in Email, I sometimes want to visit another website. (Any website).
Then when I need to go back to email I have to log in again, every time.

Reaction score
It sounds like you may have a corrupt cookie. In Safari go to Settings then click on Privacy up on top. Next, click on manage website data. Search for the domain for your email provider and then delete the cookies from them. You will need to restart Safari and then sign in, but once you do this you shouldnt be asked to sign in on subsequent visits.

Another option is to setup the Mail.app to send and receive email.

Reaction score
It sounds like you may have a corrupt cookie. In Safari go to Settings then click on Privacy up on top. Next, click on manage website data. Search for the domain for your email provider and then delete the cookies from them. You will need to restart Safari and then sign in, but once you do this you shouldnt be asked to sign in on subsequent visits.

Another option is to setup the Mail.app to send and receive email.
Located the domain for my email provider: Now, do you mean remove it from the list and/or how do I delete the cookies from it?

Reaction score
Once you locate a listing for the domain, you click on Remove on the bottom left. Just make sure that you do this for all entries of the domain.

Reaction score
Thank you for your input with this issue. I followed your instructions but it has not resolved the problem. Still have to log in each time I return to email.
Interestingly, my wife is running Ventura 13.6.9 with Safari 17.6 and has no problems such as mine. I have set up my Safari the same as hers but the problem remains.
Up until several weeks ago I was running OS Ventura 13.6.9 with Safari 17.6 and the problem never existed.
Then I started getting notifications of a possible virus. I ran Malwarebytes and all reported OK. Then I got a strange email from my ISP of complaints saying that I had infected recipients from my emails. OK I thought, I will upgrade my OS so I upgraded to Sonoma 14.7 and Safari 18. Buggar, the problem still remains.
I am thinking now that I may have to do a clean install, total erase of the Fusion Drive.and reinstall OS 13 or 14.. No big deal, I do it once a year anyway. It seams to sort out any issues.

Your thoughts?

Reaction score
I would not normally advise such a radical solution but Apple Help do all the time. If you are comfortable with it then go for it but; you could simply Clear All Cache and Cookies.

"Clear cookies and cache, but keep your history​

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Safari > Advanced > Website Data.
  2. Tap Remove All Website Data.
When there's no website data to clear, the button to clear it turns gray. The button might also be gray if you have web content restrictions set up under Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time."

The above and more is from;. https://support.apple.com/en-us/105082

Ask a Question