Safari Issues

Reaction score
I have been using Safari 10.1.1 as a browser with El Capitan. I have had a multitude of problems with spinning beachball, etc.
I trashed Safari and reinstalled my operating system, El Capitan, 10.11.6. Still having all kinds of problems. Now using Firefox
and it works fine. My computer is a MacBook Pro, vintage 2009. Any ideas would be welcome.

Don

Reaction score
First, have you ever done any disk cleanup, maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective? Besides doing a "fair" amount of cleaning on your own, there are some excellent products (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

Secondly, besides Firefox, do you have any third party software? And if you do, are each of them compatible with El Capitan? Also, if you have either MacKeeper or CleanMyMac. get rid of them immediately, as they do more harm than good.

Third, how did you do the re-installation? The preferred way would be 1) use Disk Utility to Erase and Format (and if necessary, Partition) your drive, 2) perform a clean, fresh, "virgin" installation of El Capitan, and 3) "migrate"/copy needed "stuff" from your backup (you are making backups to an external device, right?).

Ask a Question