Please help with the MacBook 13 2010 bootloader

Reaction score
Please help. After I erased Windows 7 using another PC and the Acronis program installed by the previous owner of the laptop, my Macbook stopped responding to various combinations to install MacOS. On 4pda, I was advised to first download the Ubuntu image, and then MacOS Snow Leopard. I tried to boot from both Ubuntu on a flash drive and MacOS Snow Leopard. All the same, first the power-on sound, a white screen, then a black screen and a message, like on Windows computers - "An operating system wasn't found...." etc. I changed the disk, but a line pops up saying that there is no boot disk.

Reaction score
You may need to resort to a bootable macOS installer. This will allow you to boot, erase the target drive and instal a fresh copy of the OS of your choice.
The issues with that are; you will require another Mac capable of downloading the appropriate OS installer.
You may need a link to download said installer especially if it's an older one. You will find links to older macOS online, avoid links from third parties. You want a link to the App Store.
A third party app such as Instal Disk Creator from macdaddy.io to create a bootable installer from the the App Store on removable media eg. Thumb Drive.

Having all that it's a simple matter to boot from the Thumb Drive, use Disk Utility on the Thumb drive to erase the target HD at the Media Level then Name, Format and Map the HD before finally running the installer.

Of course you can do all of the above from the Recovery Partition if you can access that but I got the feeling you may no longer have that.

Ask a Question