Organizing Apps Alphabetically on iPhone?

Reaction score
As a recent switcher from Android, I expected my iPhone to offer a smarter way to organize my apps alphabetically. However, I haven't been able to find an option for this. Is there a workaround, or do I really have to arrange them manually? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Hi ge3, and welcome to the forums,

The iPhone lets you move your apps around however you like, there is no way to organize the app icons by name on the home screens,, but there is a feature that allows you to view all of your apps alphabetrically.

If you keep swiping from right to left, you will get to the App Library. if you swipe down while at the App Library you will see all of your apps listed alphabetically.

One nice thing about this is that you can also hide an app from the home screen, but it will be available in the list.

I hope that this helps with what you are trying to do.

Reaction score
I am so mystified - it was just several months ago I looked up this question online, it was a very simple procedure (which of course I didn't write down), and all of the apps on my iPhone all moved into alphabetical order (and I have way too many; like 4 pages, so I know I wouldn't have had the ambition to do each one manually). They have remained so, except if I add a new app; whereupon it files itself at the end of the last page. I know there WAS a way...did they change something?

Reaction score
As a recent switcher from Android, I expected my iPhone to offer a smarter way to organize my apps alphabetically. However, I haven't been able to find an option for this. Is there a workaround, or do I really have to arrange them manually? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the iPhone world! I feel your pain - I was also surprised by the lack of an alphabetical sorting option. Unfortunately, there isn't a built-in feature for this. BUT, there's a workaround: you can use the "Edit" mode, then tap the three horizontal lines on the right side of an app, and move it to the "App Library" (it's like a folder that auto-organizes apps alphabetically). From there, you can drag and drop apps into your desired order. Not perfect, but it helps!

Ask a Question