Open Bricklink Studio (Lego) on iMac Sonoma 14.5 Os

Reaction score
I have not had any luck opening the Bricklink Studio Design package on my iMac. I have downloaded/removed it several times with the same results when opening it. I get an "eyesight quit unexpectedly" message with the problem details and system configuration report printed below. I have read that there are issues with it because of the latest release of iMac's OS. I have tried going to the Bricklink help page but have not had any luck yet. Is there anyone on the MacHelp forum that can help me.

Zac8083

Reaction score
Hey zac8083,

Issues with compatibility between software and new macOS releases are not uncommon. Here are several steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Check for Software Updates

• Update Bricklink Studio: Make sure you have the latest version of Bricklink Studio. Developers often release updates to fix compatibility issues with new operating systems.
  • Update macOS: Ensure your macOS is up-to-date. Sometimes, new updates can fix bugs and compatibility issues.

2. Reinstall Bricklink Studio

• Complete Uninstall: When you uninstall, make sure to delete all related files. Use an app cleaner tool if necessary to ensure all associated files are removed.
  • Reinstall: Download the latest version from the official Bricklink Studio website and install it again.

3. Check System Requirements

• Ensure that your iMac meets the system requirements for Bricklink Studio. Sometimes, issues arise when the software is run on hardware that does not meet the minimum requirements.

4. Check Permissions

• Security & Privacy Settings: Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab. Ensure that Bricklink Studio has the necessary permissions, especially under Files and Folders and Accessibility.

5. Reset Preferences

• Sometimes, corrupted preference files can cause issues. Try resetting the app's preferences by:
    1. Quit the app.
    2. Go to the Library folder (hold down the Option key and click Go in Finder, then select Library).
    3. Navigate to Preferences and look for any files related to Bricklink Studio (e.g., com.bricklink.studio.plist) and move them to the Trash.
    4. Restart the app.

6. Check for Known Issues

• Bricklink Help Pages: Sometimes, there are known issues with specific software versions and macOS updates. Check the Bricklink Help Pages for any notices or updates related to macOS.
  • Community Forums: Look for any discussions on forums like the Bricklink Forum.

7. Run in Safe Mode

• Safe Mode: Boot your iMac in Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. Safe Mode can help you determine if the problem is caused by third-party software.
    1. Restart your iMac.
    2. Immediately press and hold the Shift key.
    3. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.
    4. Try running Bricklink Studio in Safe Mode.

8. Console Logs

• Check Console Logs: Sometimes, the console logs can provide clues about what is going wrong.
    1. Open Console from Applications > Utilities.
    2. Look for any messages related to Bricklink Studio when you try to open it.
    3. Search for specific error messages and see if there are solutions available online.

9. Contact Support

• Bricklink Support: If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, contact Bricklink support directly. Provide them with the error message details and your system configuration report. They might have specific fixes or workarounds.
Hope that helps,

Reaction score
I have not had any luck opening the Bricklink Studio Design package on my iMac. I have downloaded/removed it several times with the same results when opening it. I get an "eyesight quit unexpectedly" message with the problem details and system configuration report printed below. I have read that there are issues with it because of the latest release of iMac's OS. I have tried going to the Bricklink help page but have not had any luck yet. Is there anyone on the MacHelp forum that can help me.

Zac8083
That "eyesight quit unexpectedly" error is super frustrating. I've heard the latest OS release can cause issues. Have you tried reinstalling in Safe Mode or disabling any new apps that might be interfering?

Ask a Question