No solo button in GarageBand '11

Reaction score
Hello.
I cannot find the track solo button in GarageBand '11.
I'm using a 2011 Mac mini running High Sierra.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I assume you mean GarageBand version 6 that came with iLife '11? If so, you should be able to update to version GarageBand version 10.3.5 which is compatible with High Sierra.

From memory, the headphone icon in the track name panel on the left side of the screen is the track solo button. The speaker with line through it is the track mute button. They are still the same in the latest version.

C

Reaction score
Hey blip8,
It can be a bit tricky to find features in older software versions. In GarageBand '11, the solo button is indeed there, but it might not be immediately obvious. Here’s how you can find it:
  1. Track Header: Look at the left side of the track you want to solo. A pair of headphones icon usually represent the solo button.
  2. View Options: Make sure the track headers are visible. If they are not, go to View in the menu bar and select Show Track Info. This should reveal the solo buttons.
  3. Mute Button: If you still can’t find the solo button, you can mute all the other tracks except the one you want to hear. This isn’t as convenient but serves the same purpose.
  4. Track Editor: Sometimes, the solo button is located in the track editor at the bottom of the screen when you select a track.
Hopefully, one of these tips helps you find the solo button. If you’re still having trouble, a screenshot or more details might help narrow down the issue. Good luck!

Ask a Question