My MacBook Pro M1 stops installation

Reaction score
As I was taken well care of with my previous question, despite being a Windows man for decades and a newbie to Mac and IOS, I try with another "obvious" question and hopes for help:

I´ve downloaded and want to run Qbittorrent, but my OS (Sonora 14.5) won´t let me because it comes from "an unknown developer". How does I override this obstacle? After all, it´s my Mac!

Any help, link or walk-through is great appreciated!

In advance thank you!

Reaction score
Normally you can open such apps from the Application Folder. Try Command Click (R Click on Mouse) on the app and choose open. You will get a dialogue box that asks if you are sure you want to open this app or words to that effect click Yes.
Alternatively try using Folx which is available on the App Store. Folx is a brilliant Bit Torrent downloader with a very simple user interface. I've used it for many years to download video otherwise unavailable overseas. I do strongly suggest you use a VPN with any Bit Torrent client.

Reaction score
Normally you can open such apps from the Application Folder. Try Command Click (R Click on Mouse) on the app and choose open. You will get a dialogue box that asks if you are sure you want to open this app or words to that effect click Yes.
Alternatively try using Folx which is available on the App Store. Folx is a brilliant Bit Torrent downloader with a very simple user interface. I've used it for many years to download video otherwise unavailable overseas. I do strongly suggest you use a VPN with any Bit Torrent client.
Thank you very much for your kindness and help.🏅 I´m on my way off the newbie track.😁😁

Reaction score
I thought I had everything in order but after restarting my Mac the BitTorrent-icon has been replaced by a ? in my dock-listing and the app can´t be started as it can´t be found on the laptop.
I guess it has to do with a security issue. How do I turn off, or at least lessen the Mac´s grip? It´s my Mac and I want to use it as I want, not to be controlled and directed by a Big Brother.
All help is very much appreciated!

Reaction score
Chances are that when you downloaded qbittorrent you downloaded it on a disk image (.dmg file), and the disk image has been moved or is no longer on your computer. You need to either find the DMG or download another copy and then once mounted drag the app to your applications folder. Then you can add it to your dock. and it will stay there.

Ask a Question