SOLVED Missing Silent Mode Icon and Settings on iPhone 15 Plus with iOS 17.2.1

Reaction score
Just got my hands on the iPhone 15 Plus and ran into a peculiar issue. When I flip the mute switch, I'm not seeing the silent mode icon next to the clock as expected. Diving into the settings, I was taken aback to find both the Silent Mode and Show in Status Bar options are nowhere to be found under Sound and Haptics. Here's a screenshot for reference. My device is currently running on iOS 17.2.1. It seems like this might be a glitch specific to my device. Is anyone else encountering this problem on iOS 17.2.1? I'm hoping to find a solution without having to reset my phone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
on the iPhone 15, if you want the action button to make th iPhone go into silent mode, you need to set that up in Settings -> Action Button.

When you hold the action button for a second or so then you will see Silent Mode in the Dynamic Island juts for a second to let you know its enabled.

To see if it's enabled at a later time, you need to go into the Control Center by swiping down on the clock. You will see an icon there of a bell in red with a line through it.

Ask a Question