Messages Didn't Transfer to New iPhone—Still on iPad/Mac

Reaction score
I need some advice with my new iPhone 15 Pro Max. I migrated everything from my 12 Pro Max using iCloud, but a lot of my messages didn't transfer over. Anything after February of this year is missing. The odd thing is, the messages are still on my iPad and MacBook, so I know they're in the cloud somewhere.

I have iMessage turned on in iCloud and everything. Do I need to restore from a backup of my old phone again and hope the messages repopulate? Or is there an easier way to get these messages back on my new phone? I know it might seem a bit silly, but some of these messages are from people who are no longer with us, and they mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance for any help! 😊

Reaction score
You messages are on iCloud. Are the setting for Messages on your iPad close to the same on your iPhone? On you iPhone go to Setting in Messages and click on sign out and sign back in. One you are signed back in click on Sync.

Ask a Question