MacBook Pro will not recognize my HP printer ONLY when scanning

Reaction score
I have a 2015 MacBook Pro OS Monterey 12.7.5. Recently I have been having a scanning issue with my HP ink jet printers (both). I can no longer scan to my computer wirelessly. When opening the Mac scanning function from “System Preferences”, “Printers & Scanners”, “scan”, “open scanner”, the screen normally showing me the pre-scanned image momentarily flashes then disappears. This screen normally offers a range of customizable scanning options (scope of scan, dpi, destination, format, etc.). Accordingly, I cannot utilize wireless scanning on the HP printers which offer this capability. I actually dumped my HP 8725 for a new 9135e thinking the issues were with the old 8725, but it is clear it is with my MacBook.

All other wireless functions seem to be working. HP Smart says: ”feature is not supported by the selected printer. Connect to a different printer”. HP Easy Scan says: “Scanner reported an error. Failed to open a connection to the device”. Any ideas?

Ask a Question