Mac will not connect to a particular WiFi network

Reaction score
M2 Mac mini, Sonoma 14.5.
My Mac mini will no longer connect to my main wifi network, it will however connect to a wifi network from my time capsule or my phone running a hot spot.

All my other machines ( 27" iMac, 2 X MacBook Air, 2 X windows 10, and 2 iPhone XR) connect with no problem.
The Mac mini is the only machine running Sonoma.
My ISP has changed the router and this has not helped.
Any ideas?

Reaction score
The 1st thing that I would do is go into your settings under Wifi and click on Advanced... Locate your network in the advanced list and click on the 3 dots on the right of the name and select Remove from List. Reboot your Mac and then try to connect. It should work this time.

Reaction score
The 1st thing that I would do is go into your settings under Wifi and click on Advanced... Locate your network in the advanced list and click on the 3 dots on the right of the name and select Remove from List. Reboot your Mac and then try to connect. It should work this time.
Yes, tried that a few times.
I contacted my ISP and they ran a check on the system and they think there may be a problem with their underground cable. They are sending a team to replace the cable. Not sure if that is the whole problem, but I'll wait and see.

Reaction score
If replacing the cable does not work, there is a fix that I had used once that made no sense to me. A friend that worked at Apple recommended it.

1. Make sure that you have Keychain sharing turned on in your Mac's System Prefs, and on your iPhone.
2. On the iPhone go to general -> Reset -> Reset Network settings.

This will clear the network settings on both your iPhone, and Mac as well as any other devices that are using your AppleID. You will need to resign in to WiFi on all your Apple Devices (Macs, iPhones, iPads, AppleTVs, etc...)

Reaction score
If replacing the cable does not work, there is a fix that I had used once that made no sense to me. A friend that worked at Apple recommended it.

1. Make sure that you have Keychain sharing turned on in your Mac's System Prefs, and on your iPhone.
2. On the iPhone go to general -> Reset -> Reset Network settings.

This will clear the network settings on both your iPhone, and Mac as well as any other devices that are using your AppleID. You will need to resign in to WiFi on all your Apple Devices (Macs, iPhones, iPads, AppleTVs, etc...)
Thanks, already tried that to no avail. Fingers crossed that the crew come and replace the underground cable soon.

Ask a Question