Looking for help repairing my A2289 MBP 13in (2020)

Reaction score
Hey all!
I'm new to this forum and do not know where to turn so I figured someone here has the wisdom to assist me.

As mentioned above, I have a 2020 MBP A2289 with a battery issue. I'll do my very best to explain everything I know up to this point. The battery started showing "service recommended" and stopped working without being plugged into the charger. So, I ordered a replacement battery online from Amazon. I replaced the battery and secured the adhesive to the frame but realized it was too "far" from the top part of where the trackpad goes so I unstuck the battery to place it closer to the top while doing this I heard some crunching sounds when trying to pry it off the adhesive (this was the bottom of the battery where that thin piece connects to all three parts of the battery) I did not think much of it but realized that the trackpad ribbon cable was stuck underneath the battery so with a little manipulation I managed to free it and attach it to the connector. Then came reattaching the daughter cable from the motherboard to the battery. I did not know that there are clips that help the tips of the ribbon cable connect to the connector and struggled a bit putting them in (without unclipping them) I inspected the tips and the pins do not appear damaged.
Once turned on the MBP will only get the Apple logo and chime then immediately goes black (has to be plugged into charger).
I've tried resetting SMC and contacted seller who will send me a new battery.
I also think the daughter cable may have gotten damaged so I ordered one of those too just in case.

Any ideas what is going on?

Ask a Question