Issue with books app when adding new audibooks to phone

Reaction score
I manage my audiobooks manually on my phone. I do not have sync turned on. I just send books from my collection to my phone through itunes when I want to listen to them, then delete them from my phone afterwards.

The problem I am having is that often times when I go to add a new book through itunes, itunes displays the message "preparing to update" and then instead of sending the book I've selected to my device it starts sending a ton of other books - it looks like all the books I have deleted in the past, getting sent right back to my phone. Then it says "finished syncing" even though I don't have sync turned on??? Even if I delete the books from my itunes playlist AND my phone it still does this. Where is it finding the book audio files when it does this? Is itunes saving them somewhere that I could find them and delete them?

I really want to stop this from happening because I have limited space on my phone and it's copying several gigabytes of files every time it does this, which I then have to search for and delete again from my phone. It is really frustrating.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me the fix to this.

Ask a Question