iPhone WiFi Keeps Turning on

Reaction score
WiFi and Bluetooth turn on by themselves whenever I change locations, even though I've disabled them. This happens even after I power off my phone. I'm worried this makes my phone vulnerable to VPN hacks and other security risks via WiFi. It feels like a violation of privacy. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by a VPN hack. Your phone is designed to have WiFi and Bluetooth on for things like location services and other system services to work.

Where you are turning them off may be the issue. If you are turning them off in the control center then it only turnes the radios off until the next day or a reboot whichever is 1st. To have them stay off you need to turn them off in the settings.

Unless you are a reporter, or a dignitary that is traveling to a hostile country, you shouldnt have a need to have these stay off.

Ask a Question