IPhone 15 lagging and dropping frame rate

Reaction score
When I activated my new phone, it prompted me to download a software update to transfer data from my old phone. After installing the update, my phone started lagging noticeably, with frame rate drops when sliding down, dragging apps, or unlocking the phone. What can I do to fix this?

Reaction score
Here are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Restart Your iPhone​

• Simple Restart: Sometimes, a restart can clear temporary glitches.
    • Press and hold the Side button and either Volume button until the power off slider appears.
    • Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone.
    • Once the device is off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.

2. Check for Background Activity​

• High background activity can cause performance issues.
    • Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn off background app refresh for apps you don’t need running in the background.

3. Free Up Storage Space​

• Lack of available storage can lead to performance issues.
    • Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and review the storage usage. Delete unnecessary files and apps to free up space.

4. Reset All Settings​

• Resetting all settings can help resolve issues without deleting your data.
    • Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset system settings like Wi-Fi passwords and wallpaper but won't delete your apps or data.

5. Reduce Motion and Animations​

• Disabling unnecessary animations can improve performance.
    • Go to Settings > Accessibility > Motion.
    • Turn on Reduce Motion.

6. Reset Network Settings​

• Network issues can sometimes cause performance problems.
    • Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

7. Restore Your iPhone​

• If none of the above steps work, you may need to restore your iPhone to factory settings and set it up as a new device. This will erase all data, so make sure to back up your data first.
    • Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and later).
    • Select your device and choose Restore iPhone.

Ask a Question