iPhone 13 Slow and Laggy After iOS 17.5 Update

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Since updating my iPhone 13 to iOS 17, it has become noticeably slower. This never happened with iOS 16. I'm experiencing frame drops while using Safari, and my keyboard isn't smooth. When checking background apps, there's a lot of stuttering and overall sluggishness with scrolling.

I have more than 50GB of storage available and my battery capacity is still above 80%. Even typing this message is sluggish!

I've already tried the usual fixes like force restart. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hey there,
Im too having the same problem that you are facing after updating to ios 17.5. Choppy scrolling and laggy animations when switching apps and a specific niche problem , when you launch camera and click the shutter button and leave the camrra app, the app quitting animation lag like hell. Waiting for ios 17.6 and hopefully it will fix it.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Since updating my iPhone 13 to iOS 17, it has become noticeably slower. This never happened with iOS 16. I'm experiencing frame drops while using Safari, and my keyboard isn't smooth. When checking background apps, there's a lot of stuttering and overall sluggishness with scrolling.

I have more than 50GB of storage available and my battery capacity is still above 80%. Even typing this message is sluggish!

I've already tried the usual fixes like force restart. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

This is normal, Apple wants you buy a new iphone every two years, they purposefully introduce software bugs in there code to slow the older devices, this is common pracitce in the software industry. IT people know this practice, any computer science graduate will tell you this.

Reaction score
Putting your question into a web search turns up 7 similar hits and multiple YouTube videos. If I was to substitute iOS16 for 17 or 15, 14 I3, ect I have no doubt would get the same number of hits because this is a regular complaint at every major iOS upgrade. The reasons are multiple and temporary.
The iPhone is busy downloading, updating and syncing information to and from Apple's servers some of which can take days. After about a week all the issues resolve and I see no more posts on the topic until the next major iOS upgrade.
Having said that there are always some people who have genuine problems with an Upgrade due to eg limited storage, conflicting apps and so on but most of those can be fixed with at worst a complete Restore from a Backup which everyone should have before even thinking of an Upgrade.

Ask a Question