Ipad Pro won't connect to printer

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm facing a bit of a challenge with my iPad Pro. Out of the blue, it won't connect to my printer anymore, and I really need to print something urgently.

Here's what happens: I tap the print button, and a window pops up saying ""No Printer Selected."" So, I go to another window, select my printer, and try to print. But then, it comes back with the message ""Failed to Connect to Printer.""

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help!"

Reaction score
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Check Printer Compatibility:
    • Ensure your printer is AirPrint-compatible. Most modern printers are, but it's worth verifying. Check the printer's manual or the manufacturer's website.
  2. Restart Devices:
    • Restart the Printer: Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    • Restart the iPad Pro: Press and hold the Top button and either Volume button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off the iPad. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Top button again until the Apple logo appears.
  3. Ensure Both Devices are on the Same Network:
    • Make sure both your iPad Pro and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Sometimes printers can connect to a different network (e.g., 2.4 GHz vs. 5 GHz bands).
  4. Check Printer Status:
    • Make sure the printer is not in an error state (like out of paper, low ink, or a paper jam). Resolve any issues indicated on the printer's display.
  5. Reset Network Settings:
    • On your iPad Pro, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, but can help resolve connectivity issues.
  6. Update Firmware and Software:
    • Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer and update it if necessary. Refer to the printer's manual or the manufacturer's website for instructions.
    • iPad Pro Software: Ensure your iPad is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
  7. Forget and Reconnect Wi-Fi Network:
    • On your iPad Pro, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
    • Tap the i icon next to your Wi-Fi network and select Forget This Network.
    • Reconnect to the Wi-Fi network by selecting it from the list and entering the password.
  8. Re-add the Printer:
    • Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the printer appears in the list of devices and select it to connect.
  9. Use the Printer Manufacturer’s App:
    • Some printers have dedicated apps that can help with connectivity issues. Check the App Store for an app from your printer's manufacturer (e.g., HP Smart, Epson iPrint, Canon PRINT).

Ask a Question