iPad Pro not charging with USB-C to USB-C cable

Reaction score
Hello, my iPad Pro 11 inch has been great, but recently it stopped charging with a USB-C to USB-C cable. It still charges with a USB-A to USB-C cable, although sometimes I have to flip the USB-C connector to get it to work.

I've tested the USB-C to USB-C cables on other devices, and they work fine, so it's not the cable or the adapter. It seems like the iPad is somehow rejecting the USB-C to USB-C connection. Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution? It's really frustrating because I know the issue isn't with the cable, power adapter, or the iPad's connector hardware. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
It might be a software issue, have you tried restarting your iPad or checking for any software updates? Sometimes a fresh start can fix these weird problems. If that doesn’t help, it could be worth visiting an Apple Store or contacting support to see if they can diagnose the issue.

Reaction score
Given what you say about "flipping" the connector I think it's most likely a bad connection issue. Are you using third party cables? If so you're more likely to have problems but even if they're Apple they can still die on you.
It's really just a process of elimination to work out what's at fault, cable/connector/outlet/input.

Reaction score
Hi, I’m having the same exact issues. It seems like a lot of people are having this issue if you look at the Apple forums. For me, I can only get it to charge using a regular USB cable, not USB-C, and that’s only sometimes. Furthermore, my iPad won’t recognize anything that I tried plugging into it. I use my iPad for music production heavily and it doesn’t recognize my audio interface, nor any other audio intrrface that I try, not even headphones. it’s extremely frustrating and seemed to happen out of the blue. I hope to find a solution soon.

Ask a Question