IOS 17.6 Network Problems

Reaction score
After updating to iOS 17.6, my mobile network connection has failed 2-3 times while I was out running errands. Despite showing coverage, it wouldn't work until I toggled the network on and off. I've done a network reset since then, hoping it resolves the issue, but I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet.

It's quite frustrating.

Reaction score
Hi Jerrymack,

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the mobile network connection problems on your iPhone after updating to iOS 17.6:

Steps to Resolve Network Connection Issues​

1. Toggle Airplane Mode:
    • Swipe down from the top-right corner to open Control Center.
    • Tap the airplane icon to enable Airplane Mode. Wait for about 10 seconds, then tap it again to disable Airplane Mode.
    • This can reset your network connections and often resolves temporary issues.
  2. Reinsert SIM Card:
    • Eject your SIM card using a SIM ejector tool or a paperclip.
    • Wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the SIM card. This can help re-establish a connection to your carrier.
  3. Reset Network Settings:
    • It’s good that you already tried this, but for completeness, here’s the process again:
    • Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings.
    • Note: You will need to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords after doing this.
  4. Disable Wi-Fi Assist:
    • Wi-Fi Assist can sometimes cause issues by switching between cellular and Wi-Fi networks.
    • Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll down to the bottom. Turn off Wi-Fi Assist.
  5. Contact Your Carrier:
    • Verify with your carrier if there are any known issues or outages in your area. They can also check if your account settings are correct.
  6. Perform a Hard Reset:
    • Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
    • Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
    • This does not erase your data but can help resolve temporary system glitches.
  7. Restore Your iPhone:
    • If the problem persists, you may need to restore your iPhone to factory settings.
    • Back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes/Finder.
    • Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
    • After the reset, set up your iPhone as a new device and restore from your backup.
Let me know if it helps.

Ask a Question