Installing OneNote on OS 10.9

jrn

Reaction score
I seek help finding Microsoft OneNote to install on a MacBook running OS 10.9.5 .

The MacBook has MS Office 2011 installed, but that suite doesn't include OneNote.

From what I've read, the latest Mac version that'll run on OS 10.9 is OneNote v. 15.4. However, I can't find that as a download.

Some have suggested this: from the App Store, install OneNote on another Mac running a higher version of OSX; go back to the 10.9 Mac, open the App Store, and it lets you download a previous version of OneNote.

I tried the above--but the App Store didn't display a OneNote product that runs on either of my MacBooks.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Reaction score
Just to check, you went to the App Store, went to your Purchases in your Account but did not see the version you downloaded on your other MacBook?
I know this method can work, I recently attempted to download Brave Browser onto a 2010 MacBook and when I attempted to download it from the App Store it told me that version would not run on macOS High Sierra and would I like to download an earlier compatible version? I clicked yes and that's what I got. I cant be sure it will apply to MS products but it's certainly worth a try.

Addit. I just did a search for One Note versions and according to the MS site you need macOS 10.13 or later to run the App Store version.

jrn

Reaction score
Thanks for you reply.

I accessed the Apple Store on my MacBook that runs a higher-level OS (10.14), and searched for OneNote. The store displayed: "This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple Vision Pro."

On the same search results, the Store also displayed Office 365, so I clicked on that. The store displayed: "This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad."

So, I couldn't download OneNote on either MacBook.

>I just did a search for One Note versions and according to the MS site you need macOS 10.13<

I'd like to know where on the App Store you found that. Might you send me a link?

Ask a Question