IMac/Canon printer

Reaction score
I have a 2017 iMac running Ventura 13.6.9, since updating to Ventura, I have been having trouble with my Canon iSensys LBP7110cw laser printer, in that the supply levels & utility tabs (under the options & supplies header) are greyed out.
The printer will print OK via USB and wifi, though the print had become pale, but without access to the utility features, I’ve been unable to check the levels, clean the heads or calibrate the settings.
I have downloaded the latest drivers from Canon, updated the printer firmware and also uninstalled and re-installed the printer, but still don’t have access to the printer’s supply levels or utility.
I linked it to my old 2015 Macbook which is running Monteray 12.7.5 and it works fine with access to both supply levels & utility features, so I’ve managed to clean the head and calibrate it back to how it should be.
So I’m guessing it's my iMac at fault not the printer.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I’m not very good at the internal workings of the iMac, but have tried everything else that I thought would help.
Thank you

Ask a Question