I have over 1000 tabs in a single window but "reopen all tabs from last session" is not working for me after I got updated to IOS sonoma

Reaction score
Hi everyone, yesturday I just updated my macIOS and after the mac restart and I went back to safari to reopen all my in tabs in a window, safari became unresponsive. Later it showed that safari is occupying over 20 GB on the labtop storage and I'll have to force quit it. But the thing is before I updated my mac, everytime I restart the mac and select "reopen all tabs from last session" from safari, it works perfectly fine despite having over 1000 tabs on a single window, because the webpage only loads a single tab from the window that consist over 1000 other tabs. However, after I updated my mac to the latest version it seems that everytime I restart and tried the "reopen all tabs from last session" from safari, the app is trying to simultaneously open all the 1000 different tabs all at once, making it impossible to work. Is there any solutions or setting changes I can make to ensure that even if i select "reopen all tabs from last session", it will only load one of the tabs whislt leaving the rest in place but unloaded?

All the best!

Ask a Question