Help needed Please

Reaction score
I have a Mac running Sierra 10.12.6 and up until now everything has been fine……I recently logged onto the machine and there was a message that I needed to sign onto iTunes again…..I did and it reported I had used the incorrect password…….. after trying a few times with the same result I hit the “Forgot Password” button and a white rectangular box opened up with a rotating circle in it……..after a couple of minutes the circle disappears and the box sits empty for ages and nothing else happens ?? Tried several times with the same result….
Can anyone suggest what I should do next please.

Reaction score
Hmm, well usually, but not always your iTunes Password is your Apple Password. It is possible to have a different password for iTunes but it's unusual and has to be done manually, the default is your Apple Password.
I think your problem is OS X Sierra. This is an 8 year old operating system, more if you look at the original OS version and probably no longer very compatible with Apple's servers.

Most devices running Sierra 10.12 can be updated to High Sierra 10.13 that usually fixes things, I have an old MacBook running HS which works fine with todays Apple network.
Do perform a full backup with eg Time Machine first though.

Have you tried the usual shut down and reboot method? That miraculously fixes all manner of problems.

Ask a Question