HElP! Moms computer is running OS X but says Catalina is downloaded.

Reaction score
My moms Mac is running OS X 10.9.5 which is from like 2016 I believe. If you try to update it says the Catalina 10.15.7 has been downloaded. I am not sure why this is showing this. anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? She has enough storage space says there is 412 out of 499 GB available.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The App Store app may have downloaded the Catalina install in the Applications folder. Check there and see if there is a file called Install macOS or Install macOS Catalina.

Before you install it however, know that some older software may not be compatible with Catalina and no longer run. She may lose the ability to use older versions of things like Microsoft Office, so make sure you research that beforehand. Also, it is strongly suggested that you have a current Time Machine or other backup of the data on the Mac.

C

Reaction score
didn't see anything that said install It says that Catalina is installed but it still isn't running the system. its mid 2012 Mac it should run newer systems shouldn't it?

Ask a Question