Found my iPad model 2.. but cant get past the password stage to erase and re install.

Reaction score
Hi,

have found my old iPad 2, early model, and dont remember the passwords and has an old email address, etc...

the 27" iMac that it used to be connected to, fused a few days after the 2022 floods. it had all my data & passwords etc.

i have tried to erase it, but it is stuck in the Activation Lock , as below, and that is the only screen i can get to. The monochrome Hello flashed up when it turn on. and I cant get past that. tried the passwords from what files i managed to rescue from the old 27" iMac disk. but none work.

have tried resetting my password for my iMac.. but i only use a few passwords, and dont want to get into the mess i had when the 27" fused.

is there any way to hard reset and wipe this old thing... (i got onto a apple support through the Australian Apples web support site. but still could not get pas this message. even holding dowm the Power and increase Volume does not work.... the Store is a hour's drive away. Dam. (Tempted to take i in there an smash it.)

Regards, Sandy

IMG_1025.jpeg

Ask a Question