Everyone listed TWICE?

Reaction score
In my /General/Sharing/File Sharing on Sonoma , I have myself, Administrator, Staff, and Everyone listed. But Everyone is listed TWICE. If I change the permissions on one Everyone, the permissions on the other Everyone are changed to that as well. So I guess they are the same Everyone. When I click on either Everyone, the removal "-" sign is dimmed. What's goin' on?

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting all of the folders that are listed as being shared, and then turning off file sharing. Restart your Mac and re-add the folders back in. See if Everyone is still listed twice/

Reaction score
Well, everything important is listed in the sharing options section. That would mean deleting my Desktop and Home Directory. Not gonna happen.

Reaction score
It is interesting that on my other Macs with Sonoma (in which Everyone is NOT duplicated in sharing), you also aren't given the opportunity to delete Everyone as a sharing option.

Reaction score
I am no suggesting that you delete the files. I am suggesting that you just remove them from the file sharing list, reboot and then add them back into the File Sharing list.

Reaction score
Did all that, and DOUBLED Everyone just came back, once those shared items were readded.

Ask a Question