Error installing Epson XP-202 printer

Reaction score
A year or two ago, my Epson XP-202 printer was working OK on my MacBook Pro, then suddenly went a.w.o.l and I was unable to reinstall it. I forget what error-message appeared at the time, but I have tried again to reinstall it, selecting its name (the only name) from the System Preferences>Printers & Scanners list: “EPSON XP-202 203 206 Series, Bonjour Multifunct”. After pressing the Add button, which initiates the setting-up sequence, the process fails in less than a second, with the error message “An error occurred while trying to add the selected device. successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes”. Firstly, I wonder what does the mysterious phrase “successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes” actually refer to in layman’s terms: e.g what is “successful”, “ok”, or “ignored”, “substituted”, and what are the “attributes” to which this applies, and why is this happening to my humble devices. But mostly, I would like to know how to fix it. My operating system is macOS Monterey 12.7.6, and the Epson toners are all OK. Help would be much appreciated.

Ask a Question