Downloads Folder

Reaction score
Hi! I feel so silly but I somehow lost my downloads folder. I found it and added it back to the sidebar but now, when I download anything it does not go into that folder. Can anyone help me straighten this out?
I've also managed to remove "applications" from the sidebar and would love that back

Reaction score
2 seperate issues.

Tou get items back into the sidebar you need to click on your Desktop to make sure that the Finder is active. Then under the Finder menu select either Settings(macOS Ventura or later) or Preferences(earlier versions of macOS) and click on the Sidebar tab on top. You can then select what you want in the sidebar.

As far as downloads, you need to open Safari and then go to either Settings(macOS Ventura or later) or Preferences(earlier versions of macOS) and under the General tab you can set the File download Location.

If you are using a different broswser then you will need to go into that browser's settings.

Ask a Question