Difficulty with Itunes transfer from library from Imac to Ipad 9

Reaction score
I have hundreds of songs in my Itunes library. They were originally on CDs that I had purchased and then copied to my Imac. On my 3rd generation Ipad, I was able to transfer my Imac library to my Ipad via Itunes. I recently purchased a 9th generation Ipad and wish to transfer the music library from either my Imac or my old Ipad to my new Ipad. Imac will not recognize the new Ipad. I did a back up of the Ipad 3 to the cloud, but the only music that was saved were songs purchased via Itunes. Those are the only songs that I was then able to transfer to the new Ipad. I don't want to sign up for Apple music, I prefer to listen to my curated library, with the songs arranged into playlists. Is there any way I can transfer my entire library to my new Ipad?

Reaction score
You didn't mention what Mac you are using, and what version of the macOS is installed?

The iPad 9th generation requires OS X 10.11.6 or later.

Ask a Question