Cursor freeze - MB 2022, tried everything!

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hoping somebody who can help me. My 2022 MacBook has started to suffer from cursor freeze. I have seemingly tried everything to sort the issue from resetting the SMC booting in safe mode, trying to resolve through Apple support but no joy.

I have run diagnostics which tell me that the system is fine with no problems

Anyone else had this issue? How did you get it fixed? It’s driving me up the wall. The MacBook is only a few years old always well looked after, et cetera.

Reaction score
When it freezes are you using the Track Pad or a Mouse? Does it happen with both?

Reaction score
Does that mean it works okay with a mouse? If so when you place the cursor on an item can you click it with the trackpad?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a 2023 M3Max MacBook Pro, and ever since the 14.6.1 update, I too get a random cursor freeze forcing me to restart. This happens every few days, and there is no rhyme or reason as to what is causing it.

Reaction score
This may or may not be any help but I had a similar problem a couple of days ago. I was completely stumped. I changed batteries and checked Bluetooth, all the usual things, then by accident I glanced at my iPad and noticed that the screen was active. It should have been asleep because it was just charging next to the computer. Then I remembered that I had been using a Bluetooth keyboard and Mouse a few months back with the iPad while my MBP was being repaired.
Sure enough Bluetooth settings on the iPad showed it was still connected to my mouse. I clicked "Forget this Device" on the iPad and my Mouse has been working perfectly on the MBP ever since.
So, check that your mouse is not connected to any other Bluetooth device nearby. Obviously mine was but they are seldom close enough to cause a problem, I don't usually charge my iPad on the same desk as the MBP.

Reaction score
I use a Kensington Trackpad that has its own dongle, so that is not the issue here. I am hoping that the upgrade to Sequoia fixes this for me.

Reaction score
I use a Kensington Trackpad that has its own dongle, so that is not the issue here. I am hoping that the upgrade to Sequoia fixes this for me.
I think you will be extremely happy with Sequoia. I upgraded all the way up to version 15.1 but because of numerous bugs, I was forced to downgrade to 15.0 RC (24A335). The good news with the downgrade is that the problem with “TCC not found” is finally gone.

As with every update, or downgrade, you might come across some orphaned apps or utilities so check with developers of at least the software most vital to your operation, for compatibility issues before taking the step.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my experience macOS Upgrades seldom fix anything but you might be lucky. Personally I'd suspect the Kensington trackpad but to eliminate it could you try a different device, like a wired or bluetooth mouse? Just to confirm or deny that it's the computer at fault not the peripheral device.
It could also be your USB connection to the Dongle, have you tried a different USB port?

Reaction score
If you are reluctant to upgrade your system, at the very least you can reinstall it. System files are susceptible to damage during use and a reinstallation usually fixes those problems.

Ask a Question