Camera Issue After Updating to 17.5.1

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently updated my iPhone to 17.5.1 and now I'm facing a camera issue. The phone is indicating that my camera has an unknown part and isn't functioning correctly. When I open the camera app, the normal camera option is blurry, but the reverse camera, portrait mode, and other options work perfectly fine.

I haven't had the phone serviced or replaced any parts. I've noticed this issue has cropped up with various updates over the past few years. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions or help from Apple would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
I have seen several posts about this over the past few weeks and several peopla have stated that doing a soft reset of the iphone resolved this issue for them.

To do a soft reset follow these steps,
1. Tap the up volume,
2. Tap the down volume,
3. Press and hold the power button until you see the apple logo.

Try your camera again.

Some people have reported that they needed to have Background App Refresh turnd on (Settings > General > Background App Refresh) before doing the soft reset for this to work.

Ask a Question