Boot Camp Assistant skips the Select Tasks screen during install

Reaction score
I want to install Windows 11 on my 2019 MacBookPro15,2 running Sonoma 14.5. I had a Windows 10 partition, which I removed using the Boot Camp Assistant. Now my Mac is just one big partition. When I start Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 11, I don't get the Select Tasks window where I should be able to select the checkboxes for 'Windows 10 or later'; it just goes straight to the screen asking for a Windows 10 .iso. Windows 11 won't install.
This model Macbook Pro should be compatible with W11 on Boot Camp. Why am I not seeing the Select Tasks screen? Going crazy here.

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately, you cannot install Windows 11 via Boot Camp. Windows 11 requires that the computer have a built in TPM chip which is not present in Macs.

With that said, Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows that can be installed via Boot Camp.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Inetesting... well, nonetheless, any thoughts on why I am not seeing the Select Tasks screen? Every video I see by people istalling WIndows via Boot Camp shows that screen.

Reaction score
Not sure what screen you are referring to.

When I run Boot Camp Assistant on my 2019 MacBook Pro I get an introduction screen, when I click on Continue the next screen is deleting snapshots. When that is done I get the Install Windows screen as shown below.

Boot-Camp-Screenshot.jpg

You may be watching videos for older versions of Boot Camp.

Ask a Question