Bluetooth and WiFi Buttons Greyed Out

Reaction score
My WiFi and Bluetooth settings have been greyed out for a few days, and I can't turn them back on. I've tried connecting my earbuds to Spotify, but no luck. I've looked for solutions online and tried everything, including resetting network settings, a full reset of personal settings, updating to iOS 17.5.1, and even a factory reset. Now, I've lost all my contacts because I can't restore my phone from iCloud without WiFi. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Here are a few more steps you can try:

1. Reset All Settings: Since you've already tried resetting network settings and doing a factory reset, this step ensures all settings are returned to their default state.
    • Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
  2. DFU Mode Restore: Perform a Device Firmware Update (DFU) restore. This is a deeper restore mode that can sometimes fix more serious software issues.
    • Connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and later).
    • Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
    • Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
    • Press and hold the Side button until the screen goes black, then continue holding the Side button while also pressing and holding the Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
    • Release the Side button but continue holding the Volume Down button for another 5 seconds. If done correctly, the screen should remain black, and iTunes/Finder will detect your iPhone in recovery mode.
    • Follow the prompts to restore your iPhone.
  3. Check for Hardware Issues: If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, there might be a hardware problem.
    • Visit an Apple Store or contact Apple Support to get a professional diagnosis.

Reaction score
Force restarting your iPhone is a good idea. You can solve most problems this way.

If it is a hardware problem, you have to seek help from Apple Support. If it is a driver problem, you can try Joyoshare UltFix, which can fix more than 150 iOS system problems without data loss.

Ask a Question