Apple Watch Ultra 2 auto turn off problem

Reaction score
I bought my Ultra 2 in January 2024. After the recent firmware update, it keeps turning off automatically. I’ve had to force restart it frequently.

I went to the service center, and the friendly staff did a factory restore. However, the watch turned off again just five minutes after I left the store. The staff then advised sending the watch for diagnosis, but they found no issues and returned it to me. Everything was fine for two days, but then the problem came back.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Reaction score
HeyJ ohnnx1991,

Here are some steps and considerations that might help resolve this issue:
  1. Check for Software Updates:
    • Ensure that both your Apple Watch and the paired iPhone are running the latest software updates. Sometimes new updates include bug fixes that can resolve such issues.
    • On your iPhone, open the Watch app, go to General > Software Update to check for updates.
  2. Reset and Restore Without Backup:
    • Try resetting your Apple Watch to factory settings again, but this time, do not restore from a backup. Set it up as a new watch to see if the issue persists without any potential corrupted data being restored.
    • On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  3. Check for App Conflicts:
    • Sometimes third-party apps can cause issues. Try uninstalling third-party apps from your Apple Watch and see if the problem persists.
    • If the watch works fine after uninstalling apps, reintroduce them one by one to identify the problematic app.
  4. Check Battery Health:
    • Although unlikely in a relatively new watch, it's worth checking the battery health to ensure it's not causing the issue.
    • Open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to Battery and check the battery health information.
  5. Disable Always On Display:
    • Sometimes, the Always On Display feature can cause issues. Try disabling it to see if it makes a difference.
    • On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Always On and toggle it off.
Let me know if it works. Best,

Ask a Question