Apple apps are blocked in my country

Reaction score
Hello folks,

My brother abroad brought me a MAC computer but unfortunately Apple blocks its products in my country so how can I get a VPN app installed on my MAC without using the App Store (as it blocks downloading and installing Apps)

Therefore I need a VPN installed on my MAC then run it after that I can download and install Apps from the Apple Store.

Please help me?

Thanks

Reaction score
Most VPN's, decent ones, are available from the developer's directly. I use Express VPN, others like Nord and Surf Shark are available on their respective web sites but this may not solve your problem.
Your App Store location is set by where you set up your Apple ID. When you first set up your Apple ID personal details like your address, mob. phone number and a means of payment such as a credit card are all required. For example when I originally set up my Apple account (many years ago) I was in Australia because I'm Australian. Now I'm in Indonesia but I'm still limited to the Australian App Store regardless of where my VPN is set to.
If you are a resident of a country like the UK and that's where you set up your Apple ID then regardless of where you are now that will be the App Store you are directed to no matter where you are in the world VPN or not.
If on the other hand the App Store in your country of origin is somehow being Geoblocked as in some parts of the world then a VPN should work for you.

So, do you have an Apple ID and where was it set up?
Are you logged in to iCloud and the App Store with your Apple ID?

Reaction score
Thank you Rodananne

I was able to download the ProtonVPN.dmg file but unfortunately it did not get installed since my MacBook has an old OS version (OS 10.10.5)

So I am now having a different problem which is how to upgrade my MacBook to a newer OS version but unfortunately Apple blocks its software in my country.

Is there a place where I can download a software installation file from non Apple sites in order to upgrade my MacBook.
I have another Windows computer where I run VPN on it and able to access Apple sites but I cannot access App Store in my Windows computer.

By the way My Apple ID was created when I was in USA
It let me sign in but it did not allow my to get Apps from App Store it gives me a message saying (Cannot connect to the App Store) which makes sense as Apple blocks its sites in my country

Thanks

Ask a Question