Album Artwork Missing from Playlists After Update - Anyone Else?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone else noticed this issue since the latest Apple update? When I create a new playlist, whether it's from an album or a compilation, the cover artwork doesn't show up. Instead, it defaults to a generic color 'design' that has nothing to do with the original album or artist. Adding the album to the Library retains the artwork, but it still doesn't transfer to the playlist.

I reached out to Apple Support, and they said this change was made for aesthetic reasons and there's no option to revert back to the original album artwork. Personally, I think most music lovers would prefer to see the actual album artwork rather than an impersonal design. At the very least, we should have the option to choose.

The design patterns and colors are quite limited, so if you have a lot of playlists like I do, they all start to look the same and become hard to distinguish (not to mention, quite boring!). Other competitors like Spotify and Qobuz still allow album artwork on their playlists.

I'd love to hear what others think. If you agree, consider submitting feedback to Apple in the hope they change it back (https://www.apple.com/feedback/).

I'm a loyal Apple user and have been using Apple Music for years, but if this isn't fixed, I might have to switch to another platform.

Thanks,

Ask a Question