Need help transferring files off mid-2015 Macbook drive

Reaction score
Hi all!

It seems either the battery in my mid-2015, 15" MBP has died, or it's no longer accepting a charge (MagSafe works and lights up on other MBPs but doesn't light up when connected to mine, yet it can still detect when it's plugged in as evidenced by the lightning bolt icon on the black screen).

Unless you have an idea what might be wrong with my battery, I'd like to go in and pull some files off the drive, but I'm not sure what kind of adapter I need to do that. I thought it was this one but I've been told it's not.

Can anyone help me save some files that are very important to me??
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Is there a lightning Bolt in a battery, or is it a floating Lightning Bolt that moves around the screen?

Reaction score
If the battery is flat which I'm assuming it is, you refer to a black screen, then you cannot move files off it's HD. As for an adaptor I'm not sure what you mean by, "I thought it was this one" as I cant see what you are referring to. If you mean the MagSafe no you cant use that. I a simple USB connection to an external HD will do it but first you need the device to be powered up.

Ask a Question