icloudhome.exe excessive cpu use on Win10

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to iCloud for Windows 15.0.215 on my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 22H2. I've noticed that every time my laptop goes into sleep mode, the fan kicks in at high speed shortly after, and it seems iCloud is to blame. When I check the App History, iCloud is using a significant amount of CPU resources, far more than any other application. In the Task Manager, iCloud stands out for its high CPU usage as well. Interestingly, once I start using the laptop again, the fan calms down, and iCloud's activity seems to normalize. My Windows is completely updated, and I've already attempted uninstalling and reinstalling iCloud. Does anyone have any other suggestions to tackle this issue?

Reaction score
Hello again, everyone! I wanted to update you all on my iCloud for Windows CPU usage issue. After combing through various suggestions and trying out different fixes, I found a solution that significantly reduced the CPU usage. It turns out, adjusting the iCloud Photos sync settings made a big difference. By managing which folders were actively syncing and reducing the overall load, the CPU usage dropped considerably. I also made sure that all my Windows updates were fully applied, which seemed to help smooth things out further. Thanks to everyone who offered advice! My laptop is now running much cooler, and the fan isn't constantly going off. Hope this might help others facing similar issues

Ask a Question